Immigration Consultant In Durham For Spouse Visa

Immigration Consultant In Durham For Spouse Visa

Get in touch with our team of immigration consultants in Durham to learn more about our immigration services and spouse visa details. Visarete Immigration agency is a certified Canadian immigration consultant based in Toronto. An organization that helps people from all over the world migrate to Canada. We are a well-known, dynamic, and successful organization that was established in Toronto. You can apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class if your spouse or common-law partner cohabits (lives) with you in Canada and has temporary resident status. be the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada. Eligibility Requirements for Spouse,18 years or more in age. Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Must have a clean police record or must have not to be charged with any serious offense. Must have not been invited to Canada as a sponsored spouse within a span of the last 5 years. Canadian spousal sponsorship is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live permanently. In Canada, we know how important it is for families to be together. For this reason, applications for spousal sponsorship are considered a top priority.

Spouse Visa Immigration Consultant Durham

If the spousal sponsorship application is successful, Immigration Canada will approve a change in the partner’s immigration status to a permanent resident of Canada. If the partner resides abroad at the time the application is submitted, Canadian immigration authorities will issue a Canada Spouse Visa (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) to the partner, and he or she will become a permanent resident of Canada only upon entering the country.

What are the Requirements to Sponsor Your Spouse in Canada?

You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and meet the following conditions:

  • Are at least 18 years old
  • Live in Canada, or planning to return to Canada once your spouse or partner becomes a permanent resident of Canada
  • Are able and willing to provide for the basic financial needs of your spouse or partner for three years

How Much Does it Cost to Sponsor Your Spouse to Canada?

The government processing fees to sponsor your spouse in Canada are listed below. If you are sponsoring your spouse and have dependent children, an additional $150 payment will be required for each child included in the application.

Sponsorship fee $75

Principal applicant processing fee $475 Right of permanent residence fee $500 Biometrics: $85

Total: $1135

If the sponsor resides in Quebec or intends to reside in Quebec upon the issuance of permanent residence, an additional fee of $289 CAD will need to be paid in addition to the fees mentioned above.

How Much Money do You Need to Sponsor Your Spouse to Canada?

Unlike most other forms of Canadian sponsorship, you do not need to demonstrate a minimum amount of income to sponsor a spouse. However, whenever you sponsor a family member to Canada, you must sign an undertaking, in which you promise to provide financial support for the basic needs of your sponsored family member.

The length of the undertaking depends on the category of sponsorship. For spousal sponsorship (including spouses and common-law or conjugal partners), the length of the undertaking is 3 years from the day the sponsored individual becomes a Canadian permanent resident.

Common-law Sponsorships

Under Canadian immigration law, common-law relationships are viewed as the same as conventional marriages. In order for your relationship to be eligible for common-law sponsorship, you must prove that you have lived together for a year or longer in a marriage-like relationship as a couple.

If you are in a common-law relationship and looking into sponsoring your partner, immigration officers will expect to see the following evidence:

  • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire
  • Birth certificates or adoption records for any children you and your common-law partner have together
  • Photos of you and your common-law partner that demonstrate that you are in a conjugal relationship
  • Proof that you have lived together for at least one year

And at least two of the following documents:

  • Documents that indicate that you are recognized as each other’s common-law partner, such as employment or insurance benefits
  • Evidence of financial support or shared expenses between you and your partner
  • Proof that your relationship is recognized by family and friends (letters, emails, social media)

If you can’t provide all the documents outlined above, get creative. Find ways that demonstrate your relationship and provide them. Provide letters of explanation or sworn declarations from family or friends that can attest to your common-law status. The final decision regarding your common-law documents will be at the discretion of the visa officer but the more proof you can provide, the better your chances of being accepted.