Immigration consultant for work permit extension in Ajax

Immigration consultant for work permit extension in Ajax

Visarete Immigration Services (VIS) is a Toronto-based Certified Canadian Immigration Consulting Firm. Our team comprises expert Regulated Canadian Immigration Counsels who serve our clients globally. It is a Canadian immigration services firm. They offer personalized service and stay by your side every step of the way. The team provides qualified immigration advice and strategies for anyone wishing to temporarily or permanently come to Canada. The consultants have helped hundreds of people move to Canada to start a new life and their families. They carefully analyze your academic background, technical qualifications and training, current circumstance, and personal goals to order to decide which services are ideally suited for you and your family. They respond quickly and accurately to your questions or concerns, ensuring you can stay stress-free.

Extend or change the conditions on your work permit About the process

If you have a work permit that’s about to expire or that you need to change, you must apply to extend it or change the conditions on it. You should apply to extend your work permit at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

Who can apply

This application is for you if you

  • want to extend your work permit
  • need to make changes to the conditions on your work permit, such as
    • the type of work you can do
    • the employer you can work for
    • where you can work
      • This includes restrictions because you needed a medical exam. For instance, you received an open work permit with restrictions on working in health care because you hadn’t completed a medical exam.
    • need to change your gender on your work permit
      • If you identify as a different gender than the one on your work permit, use this application and include the Request for a Change of Sex or Gender Identifier form [IRM 0002] (PDF, 1.47 MB).
      • If we made a mistake on your work permit, you can ask to amend a valid temporary resident document.

How to apply

Before you apply, make sure your employer has completed all the required steps. In most cases, you must apply online to extend or change the conditions on your work permit.

How applying online helps you

  • You can make sure your application is complete before you submit
  • You’ll get a letter (WP-EXT except for PGWP) that proves you can keep working under the same conditions as your current work permit.
    • You won’t get this if you apply on paper because we won’t know if your application is complete until we review it.
  • No courier fees or mail delivery time — we get your application
  • You can quickly submit more documents online (if we ask you to).
  • You get updates on the status of your application directly in your online

What to do if your permit expires

If your permit expires after you apply

If you apply to extend or change the conditions of your work permit before it expires, you can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application.